Monday, February 27, 2006

I'm glad I'm not alone

I was really bad last week. I think I only made it to the gym 3 times. My eating was pretty bad too. I was craving carbs. I think it is partially the cold. In the cold our bodies are looking for easily converted fuels (sugar) and then that converts to fat to keep us warm. That's my story and I am sticking to it!

I have no memory of my weight on Sunday - I can't remember if I even weighed myself. I don't think I did - but Saturday I was 205.2. Ugh. We went to Bonefish Friday night and I ate and drank too much fattening stuff. I didn't exercise all weekend, but I didn't lay in bed and read the WHOLE time either. I got together page kits, packed some stuff for the trip and did laundry. I made two glass beads and did one trip to the scrapbook store. Otherwise I laid in bed and read. 8-)


Julie and I just met for coffee at Caribou. The last time we did that was either pre diet or shortly after the diet started. I remember we both had pastries the last time. This time we both DIDN'T - which is a vast improvement, because everyone knows the real reason you meet for "coffee" is to eat yummy desserts which you call breakfast.

I have an incredibly busy day ahead of me today. I probably won't make it to the gym until after 5pm - and then I am SO tired it is hard to motivate myself to actually GO. But - I figure I only have five more days to get myself in shape for bathing suit wearing. I think I will actually have to do a double workout each day all week. Sigh.

No comments: