Saturday, February 25, 2006

A pound a day

I know it's impossible to gain a pound a day, at least without spending several hours each day at McDonalds, but that's what the scale has been telling me--133.6 on Wednedsay, 134 on Thursday, 135 yesterday, and 136 today! And while my diet hasn't been perfect, I've at least been keeping the calories between 1300 and 1400 each day, even if 100 or 200 of them are from cookies, and my exercise has also not been great--I only managed two trips to the gym and one pilates session this week--I still don't think it's possible that I'm really putting on weight at that rate!

I didn't make it to the gym yesterday. I ran errands at lunch instead (which is a euphamism for "I went to the scrapbook store." But I really DID need to get some fibers to finish off my tags for the swap on the cruise!) so I told myself I would do Brian's insane nighttime routine (one hour total, all resistance exercises done at a pace to get your heart rate up) and didn't because, guess what? I was finishing my tags for the swap. And watching the Olympics, uploading Florida maps onto my GPS, packing my toiletries, etc.

Today I'm spending all day at the Girl Scout's Thinking Day activities. We have to leave in 20 minutes for that, but I've told Brian that I have to do some kind of exercise today, and he'll hold me to that. He doesn't mind tempting me with all kinds of foods, but he doesn't let me slack on exercise.

No comments: