Monday, February 27, 2006

Holding steady

After climbing to 136, my weight has stayed there for the past couple of days. I had a really active weekend--five hours of Girl Scouts on Saturday followed by getting used to a new puppy all evening. My food was spotty on Saturday--coffee only for breakfast, then was stuck with the Girl Scout MRE for lunch (hot dog, potato chips, pudding, lollipop, and a juice box, but I only at the hot dog, juice, and half of the chips), and dinner was spaghetti and meatballs. I can't remember my daytime snacks, but we made popcorn in the evening. Sunday exercise was a "puppy biathalon" walk--run like mad for a distance, stop abruptly and snuffle around for a while, run like mad again. I was supposed to be doing my three mile run, but once Davey decided to come along, that got reduced to only a mile, so when I got back I did the 45 minute pilates aerobics and matwork DVD. The afternoon was all housework, taking either the dog or Connor out to play (Claire was off doing her Space Derby trial with Brian; and Davey and Connor didn't want to go out at the same time), and doing laundry. Then starting at 6:00 I kept moving for a solid four hours--the only time I sat down was to eat dinner, and that was only for about 10 or 15 minutes. Cooking dinner, doing laundry, packing lunches, doing dishes, getting the kids bathed and to bed, and taking Davey out a million times, including one longish walk in the freezing cold. Food was good yesterday--no breakfast again; lunch was a turkey sandwich on whole wheat with lettuce and tomato and a pear, snack was one serving (only!) of gumdrops that Brian brought home to try to sabotage my diet, and dinner was chicken with broccoli and carrots in an oriental sauce served with pita bread. I had another half serving of gumdrops before bed.

I'm apparently the default person for taking Davey out first thing in the morning, so today I've already gone on a half hour walk, although we didn't cover much territory in that half hour. I'm going to have to do that again at least once tonight, too. I have my gym bag with me, but I'm looking at my schedule this week and realizing that I probably won't get there today--I have way too many deadlines. Maybe I'll do that pilates DVD again tonight. It's goofy, but at least it's exercise.

No comments: