Friday, February 10, 2006

Pizza as diet food?

So Amy ate pizza a couple of nights ago and has seen her weight drop nicely since then. I had two pieces of pizza last night and this morning I was 135.6. And like Amy, I consider last night a really bad night as far as diet and exercise go--I ate really well throughout the day, but in the evening I had the pizza and no vegetables (because the idea of a salad with vinagrette dressing sounded painful, and without the dressing it just sounded yucky), two rice krispie treats (the small ones, but they are 80 or 90 calories each!), a candy cane, and a glass of milk. And I really didn't want to exercise--I was feeling just achy and tired--but forced myself to do one pilates dvd, half the amount of exercise that I planned. So I expected to see a gain on the scale this morning and was shocked to see that my weight was down.

Seeing that 135 was really cool--less than a pound until I'm within my goal range of 130-135. And can I say at this point that I NEVER thought I'd really get down into the 130's? I'd been at 140 or above for so long now that I figured that's where my body would settle, and I was mentally prepared to hit 140 and just pretty much stay there. But I still have quite a bit of belly fat to lose (it's shrinking, but very slowly. I'm sure I must have six-pack abs in there somewhere, but I can't see the muscle for all the flab on top!) and I think my earlier prediction of seeing that fat gone at around the 130 pound mark was probably wrong. I think there's more than a few pounds of fat there. Yuck.

Remember that I said that I wanted to reward myself with new Twinking H2O paints for losing five pounds? I never got that as a reward, so yesterday I went out and got some as my 20 pound loss reward! Yippee!! Color!

2 comments:

Amy said...

You deserve more than a set of H2Os for this weight loss! How about a cruise??? March?

Sarah said...

I don't know, I'm kind of busy in March. I have this cruise to go on you see.......