Monday, February 20, 2006

More Ugh!

Well - I went to the gym and did my resistance workout. I should have done cardio again today because I really feel like right now I need to be burning fat rather than building muscle. I actually need to do BOTH - but I only have time for one or the other. But I still had a lump of lead carrot cake sitting in my stomach - and I really didn't want to throw up on the cross trainer - so I did my weights instead. I actually think the carrots must have given me strength because many of my normal weights seemed a little on the light side today. I may have to bump them up some more. I know I was still struggling on Thursday - but today, not so much.

Anyway - back at work Lynn H said she was doing a coffee run for my birthday (I got a skim vanilla latte) and then Suzanne said that she was going to have more cake with her coffee. Melanie told me I had a lot of cake to finish off. Sigh - So I ate another (smaller) piece and once again didn't finish it. It is SO rich. The 1510 calories for this cake is based on a 14oz piece. I really don't think I ate anywhere near almost a pound of cake - even combining my two pieces - but it was STILL way too many calories!!! YUM!

Can I not weigh in tomorrow?

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Man, I need to try some of this carrot cake! I've never been much of a fan of carrot cake, but this sounds like something else!