Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Can I have a do-over?

Or at least just chalk today up as a total loss as far as diet and exercise goes?

I started out so good--nutri-grain and an orange for breakfast, almonds for snack. But then my day got away from me--I had three deadlines today and another major one coming up on Friday (it's one of these grants where they want 14 copies of the application and attachments, but the original must be printed on yellow paper, except for the budget page that has to be in white but included in the body of the application and then duplicated in the attachments along with their official budget form that must exactly match the budget page. I'm NOT KIDDING about this. And it's only for $5,000!), plus a lunch meeting during my normal gym time plus a 3:00 meeting that got postponed until 3:30. So by 2:00 I knew I wasn't going to make it to the gym and just figured I'd swich days--do the hard pilates dvd tonight and the gym tomorrow. Fine.

But then my food wasn't good either--the lunch meeting had nothing but horrible, gross food. Salad with tons of onions that was so covered with oily brown dressing that the whole thing looked wilted or worse, sandwiches that were mostly icky cheese, white rolls, mayonnaise, and a tiny bit of shredded lettuce, and potato chips. I took the least offensive sandwich I could find and eight potato chips, but the sandwich was really inedible--I took about four bites before giving up, but I pulled off the turkey and ate it plain. Then I was hungry so I had a cookie. Then I felt gross all afternoon, so at least I didn't snack on anything. I have no idea what my calorie intake was. Tonight wasn't bad--half of a pork chop, saffron rice, and steamed mixed vegetables, an orange right after work, and a tablespoon of the unearthed chocolate chips a few minutes ago. Overall, it probably wasn't too bad, but it wasn't a very healthy day.

But now I'm thwarted with my exercise. Connor conked out at 7:00 then woke up coughing at 9:15 just as I was getting Claire into bed. Now he's up and he hasn't stopped coughing for the past hour and a half even though I gave him benadryl which is now doing nothing for his congestion. But he's monopolizing the t.v. so I can't do my pilates and by the time Brian gets home it'll be after 11:30 and frankly, working out at 11:30 at night just isn't doing much for me. So I'm calling this one of my rest days, I'll hit the gym tomorrow and Friday, then do the pilates on Saturday and some kind of aerobics on either Saturday or Sunday. Oh, I know! Saturday is the Brownie trip to Splashdown, so I'll go swimming!

No comments: