Sunday, February 05, 2006

Laughter is great exercise

Oh My! Last night Katie and I were chatting with one of our neighbors who we were out with. The conversation turned to dieting (as it does with women) and my neighbor told me that she and her husband have been doing a colon cleanse. I told her about the supplement that I have been taking and then - kind of off the cuff I said "your not doing Dr. Natura are you?" "Yeah, why?" she said. Katie and I laughed so hard we almost fell off of our bar stools. Seriously, I was crying!!! Then she told me she had a case of it so I can get it from her for $45 instead of $75. Oh dear. I hope I am not stuck now. We had already established that I thought a colon cleanse was a good idea. Crap! I did tell her I wanted to finish the ($12) vitamins that I am currently taking and then I would touch base with her.

Well, I can pretty much say with confidence that I am NOT normal when it comes to my internal workings. I would NEVER in life photograph it - and I have never seen worms or tenticals come out of me - but I have never been consistant. I am either constipated or very much not. The diet I am following now is what is generally recommended by most of the books I have read about people with IBS or an overabundance of "flora" in their systems - and I AM much better as far as reflux is concerned or even the number of times I have to assend (sorry - I can't think of a better euphamism for it). But I am definitely more constipated than I think I should be. I don't know - maybe I need to increase my fiber even MORE.

Well - onto less gross subjects - I worked out today since I skipped yesterday. I did my cardio today. I need a new book on tape. I am just not getting into this one. Luckily, when I was at the 30 minute point (far enough in that I could consider quitting - but not at my 35 minute minimum yet) HGTV started showing my Dream Home. That kept my attention so I could do another 7 minutes. Too bad there was no sound or captions.

I haven't eaten much today (a V-8 and coffee...). I need to eat something. Yesterday was very similar. I finally had some pesto pizza for dinner, but prior to that all I had was some pistachio nuts.

No comments: