Friday, February 03, 2006

Bleah

Yesterday I ate more than I intended. It wasn't too awful (1423 calories, I think? I can't remember exactly) but it was more than I really wanted or needed, and it was entirely due to two things--I had french bread pizza for dinner (100 calories more than I usually eat for dinner) and my evening snack was a package of conversation hearts, so no nutritional value at all, and again more calories than my normal evening snack. Without those two, I would have been below 1300 for the day.

I used the treadmill at the gym yesterday. Now that I'm paranoid about my heart rate I kept the pace lower and with no incline, but I still hit over 170 a couple of times. I kept my heart rate mostly between 160 and 165 (still too high--they say at my age I shouldn't go over 161) and when it went above 165 I'd slow the pace way down to bring it down again. I ended up going 3 miles and burning 320 calories, but had to stay on the treadmill for 40 minutes to do that.

Today I'm not doing much better. I had Lucky Charms for breakfast, a much smaller serving of almonds than usual (about half my usual amount), and then when I was in Target, I picked up some sugar free conversations hearts to try them out. They're made with splenda and have 70 calories in a box instead of 110 (so it's really not THAT much less). They tasted good while I was eating them (more like sweet-tarts, but not as tart. Definitely not the normal conversation hearts) but left a horrible aftertaste (I don't have this reaction to Nutri-sweet, just Splenda. I wonder why that is?) and now I'm feeling bloated and gross when I should be hungry for lunch. Of course, I was feeling bloated this morning and my rings were really tight, so I don't know what's up with that. Maybe I shouldn't blame the Splenda.

Also while I was in Target I picked up the pilates ball workout, which is supposed to be really good at hitting muscles because you can't cheat and compensate with other muscles. I debated between that one and the Core Secrets workouts which are supposed to be fantastic at toning particular areas, but decided to go with what I know! Plus I already have an exercise ball that I never use. So I'm looking forward to trying this tonight.

No comments: