Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Back to the drawing board

Or the treadmill as the case may be...

OK - I weighed in today regardless of the fact that I am STILL feeling too full from all I ate over the past few days. I was at 204.8. That is a pound less than yesterday - and back to where I was on weigh-in day 2/7. I am not TOO concerned. My period STILL hasn't started, so I am still retaining water and everything else. I have one more weigh in day before the end of February. I COULD still lose 5 pounds for the month... Well, maybe not... I was 204.2 on 2/1. OH! But I use the 6th as my start... OK, well, not much better - I was 205.2 on 2/6. BUT - I COULD be 200.2 on 3/6 - If I don't eat too much the first day of the cruise. 8-) I wonder if they will have a scale available for us? I have become obsessive about weighing myself everyday.

Yesterday I came home from work and ate a bowl of soup and toast for dinner. I was still too full from the cake I ate all day. BUT - by 11pm I was starving - and craving protein (NO wonder!). I had a small handful of almonds and string cheese.

I am already off track today. We are having bagels for Lynne's birthday. I usually say no to the bagels - but I ate one today. Well - I will not eat the cereal (obviously) or the bread I brought to go with my lunch soup. I know it won't balance the bagel out entirely - but it is something. I bring such spare lunches, there really isn't much I can cut out easily. I will skip the afternoon yogurt too. That might make it all better.

4 comments:

Julie S said...

I don't recall even seeing a scale on my cruise...but I wasn't looking for one either. It might be tramatic to weigh yourself on the cruise. The food is SOOO good. I wouldn't want to be guilted into not eating it. Just make sure you walk everywhere...and there's virtually no snacking because little portions of food just aren't available really...except for the cookies by the pool...and the pizza...I can't wait to go on my cruise in June!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amy said...

Well - I am betting there will be a scale in the workout room. There usually are in most gyms - but this might be different. I don't know. Well - only a week and a half and then I will know for sure!!

Sarah said...

We could always pack one of our bathroom scales, right? But I'm with Julie--I think weighing myself on vacation would be traumatic!

Julie S said...

Joe and I used the work out areas a few days when we went to Alaska. They are very nice--but even in there I don't recall seeing a scale. Personally I wouldn't use it--I've got to be buck (butt?) naked so it is the lowest possible number or I over rationalize. Do you think the motion of the ship would mess with a regular bathroom scale? You should switch to the tape measure method for the week...