Tuesday, February 28, 2006

It must be in the air

This morning I was 139.5, the same as last week, tying my low. But I ate badly all week and exercised only Monday through Wednesday of last week, plus yesterday afternoon. And all week long my weight was hovering around 141, and at bedtime I was 142 last night, I think -- might even have been 143. So I have NO idea why my weight should have dropped today. And here I was planning to just give it all up for Mardi Gras and eat like a pig and then start fresh for Lent. But if my weight is low, I don't want to completely ruin it! Phooey. But there's beer in the fridge and we're having pizza for dinner (how do you like our authentic Mardi Gras? Irish beer and American-Italian food) so I'll enjoy myself but not stuff myself.

For my fasting days during Lent I'm going to have my usual small breakfast -- maybe with a clementine instead of OJ, so I get some real fruit -- and a small lunch, like yogurt and toast, and a small dinner, I don't know what yet, but no snacks in between. I will doubtless come in well under 1200 calories but it's good to shake things up once in a while, and this isn't about dieting anyway -- it's about being a little bit hungry all day. I'm not going to try for a total fast (though Daniel usually does) because I am still nursing. But I'll do better than last year -- last year I went without junk all day, but I still ate about five times each fasting day, because I was pregnant!

During Lent I'm going to swear off sweets. The Girl Scout cookies are going into the freezer (well, mine are, anyway -- I'll leave out the Thanks A Lots for the kids) and I suspect that act alone will get my dieting moving again. I've been awful since October except for occasional days of effort. Maybe now I can reach my goals.

No comments: