Thursday, May 11, 2006

You burn more calories when you're awake, right?

That's what I'm telling myself at any rate--it helps me feel not so bad about not exercising the past couple of days. I was chained to my desk all day yesterday working on a looming deadline (next Thursday, but I had to get a draft out to people yesterday and still have my work cut out for me for the next week--this is an insane application) so didn't even set foot out of the building. Then in the evening I practically had to knock Connor out with a two-by-four to get him to go to sleep (o.k., it was melatonin, but I thought that after being up at 4 a.m. he wouldn't need it!), then of course he woke up coughing again at 4:30 this morning. After getting him and Claire to bed last night, I ran around doing all the nighttime stuff and got to bed at 11:30--I wasn't about to stay up another half an hour to exercise. I think I barely broke 6,000 steps yesterday. Today I have to leave work at 3:00 to get Claire to a Brownie field trip, so I didn't even bother bringing my gym stuff.

Food was pretty good yesterday--mock cinnabon for breakfast, almonds, yogurt, pretzles, string cheese, two pieces of fruit during the day, broiled fish, rice, and salad (straight from my garden--lettuce and spinach) for dinner, and a granola bar in the evening. Total calories: 1290. My weight this morning was 132.2--the lowest I've seen since we started this diet! I hope I can sustain that until next Tuesday!

No comments: