Tuesday, May 02, 2006

133.0

Same as last week, so nothing exciting going on there, but that's OK. I rode my bike yesterday -- the REAL bike, for the first time in probably two years (or at least since before Cecilia came along)! The left gear changer decided not to work and apparently I didn't have the front tire pumped up as much as I like, because it squeaked at me the whole time. But I rode the full length of the Huckleberry Trail, about 5.5 miles each way. It took a few million years. Today my legs aren't remotely sore despite the hills, which tells me that the bikes at the gym have done a lot of good on that front. However, my shoulders and back are achy -- I have to hold myself up (or leaning down) and change gears and steer and brake, and none of those are necessary at the gym, so the muscles aren't used to it. Ouch. But I really enjoyed it, and this is something I would enjoy doing once in a while -- it's a nice break from the gym. The trail isn't great for road/racing bikes, but I don't care; I love the feel of my fast bike, even when I'm slow on it!

I didn't keep close watch on what I ate yesterday because I had it in mind that I was starting the "report everything" challenge today, since it's weigh-in day. But I had my usual breakfast, lunch of yogurt and whole wheat toast with margarine, and dinner of brunswick stew with milk to drink. I ate about three samoas, fiveish lemon pastry cremes, a couple of jellybeans, a cadbury cream egg (the chocolate had gone wonky-powdery, too, so it wasn't as good as it should have been), a handful of almonds, a banana, an orange creamsicle, and about forty chips with cheese and salsa dip. And no doubt I'm forgetting some of it. It's a wonder I'm not sick, eating food like that!

Today so far I've had my usual breakfast and I had lunch of turkey and lettuce on whole wheat, with milk to drink. I also ate one pretzel and three cheerios, and one apple slice. I stopped myself from getting into the candy all morning because I didn't want to admit to chocolate at 9:30 am. I did allow myself to eat the last Snickers egg after lunch, but that was planned. So today things are under control, for a change.

No comments: