Thursday, May 04, 2006

Does carrying your gym bag around count as exercise?

So I didn't make it to the gym yesterday, as I reported, but I did do pilates at night, so there's a new recent record of two nights in a row! By late evening, however, I was really low (below 8000) on my step count, having been chained to my desk all day. So before bed I marched around the house to get my count up above 9000.

That was it for exercise. Food was pretty good--mock cinnabon for breakfast, almonds for snack, ate my lunch and afternoon snack all at once (yogurt, string cheese, pretzles, apple), ten goldfish crackers while getting dinner ready, a taco with a ton of tomato and lettuce and a glass of milk for dinner, then an orange and a half cup of strawberries between dinner and bedtime. My only "cheat" was not quite half of an ice cream sandwich, and I was forced into that. Claire got the last ice cream sandwich for dessert, and when she realized it was the last she insisted on sharing it with me--when she brought it up I told her that she could have it all, that I didn't want any (and really, I didn't!), and that I needed to lose five more pounds. But she unwrapped it while I was clearing the table and put half of it at my place. I told her again that she could have it, she didn't have to give me any, and she said "but I want to share it with you."

Seriously, now, how could I turn that down? I did actually try--I said "are you sure you don't want it?" She assured me she'd rather share. So I decided that having a generous and sweet daughter was more important than skipping those calories, so I ate my half and enjoyed it. Without the ice cream I was at 1308 calories for the day; I forgot to check the calorie count on the ice cream sandwich, so I'll need to look that up tonight.

I'm super-tired today--Connor woke up at 3 a.m. after a coughing fit, and when I left the house at 8:00 this morning he was still awake. I had only gotten to sleep at 1:00, so I'm not real happy or alert today.

1 comment:

Amy said...

I wouldn't have turned her down either!! How did she become such a generous person??? I would NEVER have shared my ice cream sandwich with anyone!! (Of course, we would never have been given the last one of anything - it would have been all or none.) I don't remember becoming spontaneously generous until I was in high school (or just about).