Monday, May 08, 2006

No Mercy!!

Ugh! This is making me crazy!!! My weight is out of controll! It has been up and down everyday. I was inching my way back down and then Friday shot up to 212.2. Then I was down again to 210.6 on Saturday and 209.8 on Sunday. Then today I was back up to 212.6. I am really not sure why it has been so jumpy.

I was not that good over the weekend. I had a fat laden Gyros on Saturday and Maple Sugar candy at the Sheep and Wool festival. Saturday night Katie and I were at Christopher Daniels. Katie ate, but I stuck with liquid calories. Sunday was mostly just coffee for breakfast, curry shrimp for lunch, birthday cake (I had a small piece...) and then nothing until after Katie's concert. Then we went to Batemans where I ate half of a Reuben wrap and french fries. I don't even LIKE french fries. Anyway - so I was very light on my vegetables and fruit this weekend - kind of heavy on the calories, but not extremely so.

I didn't do any organized exercising this weekend. I didn't make it to the gym on Friday. I stayed at work until 6pm (12 hour day!) and then was just too tired to go. I slept 11 hours Friday night - and still felt like I need more. My steps on Saturday were 4646 (or something like that) by midafternoon - and then I forgot to put it back on when I changed. Katie and I were pondering why my steps were so much lower than hers on Saturday. I got up at 8am (earlier than her) but I didn't put my pedometer on right away. I was running around - just not with it on. She made a trip to Caribou, but other than that we were together all day. At the time that I was mid 4k she was mid 7k. There is NO WAY she walked a mile and a half more than me. I think my pedometer isn't registering my steps consistantly. I was checking it on Saturday. If I attach it to my waist band it only logs one in three steps - but on my pocket (of jeans) it catchs more. Since I don't normally wear clothes with pockets I usually have it on my waistband. I think my high waist is my problem. I am going to watch it more closely today.

So the no mercy part... I have GOT to figure out a way to start losing weight. I have added to my vitamins... I have Flora Key to help with the "good" digestive yeasts in my system, HLC supplement which are digestive enzymes to help me digest food, a Liver formula to help strenghten my liver to help in processing wastes, and a GI (colon) cleanse formula to help purge the excess waste from my colon. So - hopefully THAT all will help on one front. THEN - I am going to limit myself RELIGOUSLY to 1200 calories or less each day. At least for a while. As Sarah pointed out a few months ago, it doesn't seem like we lose weight unless we DO drop to that really low level. It stinks - since I always am very lethargic when I do go that low - but if I really want to lose weight I think that is all I CAN do. I am going to get back to the no excuses plan of exercise... even if it is just doing a 10 minute video at home. That 10 minutes was doing wonders when we first started this last September. I am going to committ to this for the next week (I know it will have to be longer, but I can't stand the concept, so a week is where I am starting) and then see how I am doing. If I haven't lost at least a pound by next weigh in day (a pound from where I am tomorrow) then I am going to go the GI Bipass route (just kidding!).

I have been reading about prescription weight loss pills. With the exception of one they all are just appetite suppressents. I am not sure if that will do me any good since I almost NEVER feel hungry. I don't eat because I am hungry, I eat because I like to eat. But I also really don't overeat - I just eat the wrong foods. I need to go back to eating the RIGHT foods and see if that helps at all.

No comments: