Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Up and Down again

OK - Today I was 210.6. That is up again over last week by .6. It is down from yesterday by 2 pounds. I have been doing these two pound jumps daily. I can't figure out why. I would not be at all surprised if I ended up at 212 again tomorrow!!!

I just totalled my calories from yesterday. Assuming the Reuben was 300 calories (which may be high - it was a really small half, or it may be low because I don't know about corned beef) I was at EXACTLY 1200 calories yesterday. My after work snack of the mini pizza was a little bit high in calories for a snack - but I only had one. If I am eating Girl Scout cookies - or even the 100 calorie packs of things - I am more inclined to eat two or more servings. So, I guess it is better than it could be. I added a new section to my daily charts that I have been keeping. I added a work out section in January - which is neat because I can see exactly which days I exercise and my trends of on and off exercise. I could also track my weight in connection to the days I exercise, but I haven't done that yet. I don't see much point, because my weight is just going up - whether I exercise or not. Sigh. Anyway - the section I added was just for a list of my daily foods and their calories. Reporting here what BAD things I eat is handy - but I think a shopping list with numbers of exactly everything I eat (including the 4 butter mints yesterday) is going to be a better view of what I am actually consuming. It is the big things like lunch and dinner that add up on the list. I am going to have to watch them more closely. It will also be a more useful thing to show a nutritionist or my doctor if I DO ever go for professional help.


I did my walking video last night. Right as I was starting it I noticed my legs were very achy. They are still achy today. I don't think it has anything to do with my exercising. I think they are just achy. I also have a sore throat today - so maybe I am just getting sick. I DID sleep 11 hours on Friday night. That is pretty unusual for me.

I just was looking back through my daily weights for the past couple of months. I am not sure what went horribly wrong - but it was mid March into April where I took a big jump up. I was lingering around the 205-206 mark for a long time then suddenly I went up to 208 and then 209 and so on. I think it was the quitting smoking!! Nicotine excellerates your metabolism, in addition to giving me an excuse to go to they gym. I think after coming home from the cruise (where I ate too much) when I resumed my normal activities, my body started to realize there was nothing helping it to process calories. It was at about the time I started smoking that my weight stopped climbing in the first place. Prior to that I went from 180 to 210 in about 4 years. I am judging this on my weight at my annual exams with my doctor. It was only in the past few years that I held steady - and last summer I was down by about 2 pounds. I'm just saying.

No comments: