Friday, May 26, 2006

Bored, bored, bored

With the whole diet and exercise routine, that is. Been to the gym twice this week, pilates once. I was supposed to do pilates again last night but got busy packing scrapbook supplies for this weekend's crop. I should have stuck with pilates because after all of the time I spent going through my photos and papers and embellishments, I ended up doing what I always do--threw a bunch of things into my two largest bags, packed the tool box, and called the job done. So what this means is I'll have to go to the gym AND do pilates today. Yuck.

Food--been pretty good this week, actually. My only difficult day was yesterday. It was the college's spring convocation so they fed us lunch and planned an ice cream social for the end of the day. Lunch was an Italian buffet; I ended up having a salad, roll, and half a piece of vegetarian lasagna, diet coke, and NO dessert. That was hard to pass up--you know how good those desserts always look in buffets? I had to keep telling myself that they probably taste not very good and I'd regret having it. Then I kept up my good behavior by skipping the ice cream social entirely because I know I'm way too weak willed. Dinner last night was LD herb pot roast, a salad, and bread. Can you believe that Claire loved the pot roast? I thought for sure she'd take one look at it and demand a grilled cheese sandwich (which is what Connor had). But she ate every bite.

We've been found out, by the way. My friend Vicki was trying to track me down and came across our blog, so now she knows all kinds of details about my life, and you all's as well! But she offered to help me prepare for the swimming part of the triathlon. She's always been really athletic and is a certified swim instructor--she could probably do a triathlon tomorrow and then go put in an eight hour day at work.

I've been wondering where everyone is too, especially Julie. Did she go on vacation and I missed that? What's up?

No comments: