Tuesday, May 09, 2006

It's hard to be good...

Sigh. I added up my calorie count today. Actually - I have kept a running total all day. You know what stinks. I have been pretty good all day. Someone brought in Munchkins today and I didn't eat any (at first). Then much later in the day I looked up the calorie count and decided that I could have the 70 calories of one Munchkin (which I did). Then - without checking the calorie count - I had a large skim caramel macchiato. That was 231 calories!!! So - in just moments I consumed 301 calories. (As a note - I wonder if the iced caramel mac is less - that is what I had - doesn't the hot one have whipped cream? The iced does not.)

If you figure I am shooting for 1200 calories - 300 is 1/4 of my total intake for the day. And all I got was one munchkin and a coffee. Sheesh! And it is impossible to make up for it. I can't say - OK I will skip my strawberries (49 calories) or coleslaw (48 calories) or pineapple (38 calories). I would have to skip all three PLUS my lunch (175 calories) to break even. Since I didn't skip any of them (except I haven't eaten my pineapple yet) I am ending my day with less than 300 calories remaining to cover me through dinner. (Oh - I ate two more munchkins after I depressed myself and before I started writing here... but at least I had the lower calorie plain cake ones instead of the 70 calorie jelly filled one).

I also haven't been to the gym yet. I have been running around all day, and now I have work to do before i can go home. So I probably won't make it. If I can't get Katie to take a walk with me I will do my stupid video again.

1 comment:

Amy said...

I discovered that quite a few of the Let's Dish dishes are under 300 calories - and some of them are under 200. We are having the Ravioli Primavera - which is 213 - thus giving me some spare calories. Woo-hoo!