Monday, May 15, 2006

Three pounds in two days!

Saturday morning I hit a new low of 131.8. This morning I was up to 134.8. Yikes!

Needless to say, I was a big pig all weekend--I was doing fine both days for breakfast and lunch, then overate at dinner and afterwards--cheeseburger and fries Saturday, M&M's and popcorn, two and a half beers; Sunday was a McDonald's salad for dinner, Rolos throughout the afternoon, ice cream sandwich for dessert, Doritoes and beer in the evening. I ate so much yesterday that I was still full this morning, and I'm hoping that my weight drops a bit for tomorrow (popcorn and Doritoes always make me retain water anyway)--I was so good for most of last week that I hate to think I undid it all and then some by two days of overindulgence. That's so unfair the way it works--I knocked myself out over five days to lose one lousy pound, eating almost nothing and exercising, and then gained three pounds in just two days. Ugh.

Exercise on Saturday was a 2.5 mile walk with Davey and helping Eric pack up his kitchen and dining room. On Sunday I did nothing and ended up with only 7,000 steps on the pedometer.

1 comment:

Amy said...

I know what you mean!! I starved myself all week and then ate nothing but pistachio nuts yesterday - and low fat girl scout cookies and a bagel. ALL grain-y stuff. For dinner I was craving vegetables so ate a whole box of green beans! So - it makes you think that dieting isn't fair if you can undo it in a day!

One of the weight watcher programs is a weekend one. You eat very low calories all week, but in return you can eat anything you want on the weekend. Body For Life allows one day a week as a binge day. Both of those diets work for a lot of people - so maybe you DON'T completely undo your good work in just one day. It sure seems like that on Monday though.

I don't know - I am still of the mindset that the scale doesn't always reflect what you have done. It usually takes about two days for my badness to show up on the scale - and the goodness NEVER shows up. 8-)