Friday, May 12, 2006

I never thought I'd say this.......

I just had a great run. I'm generally with the rest of you--exercise is a painful and boring necessity. But I went to the gym today and the whole 41 minutes (added six to my usual length, plus another five of cooldown) felt great. After 2.5 miles, I felt less like I was jogging and more like I was loping along slowly. Very strange. I checked my heart rate after the 36 minutes of running and it was at a very healthy 164. If running were always like that, I could see actually liking it and looking forward to it. The only thing I did differently this time around was I skipped the few minutes of walking warm up--I figured that I had just walked from my office to the gym, so why did I need to warm up more than that? I don't think that would have the effect of making the run easier, though.

Food yesterday: cereal for breakfast, coffee, almonds, string cheese, crackers, grapes, an orange and yogurt during the day; baked potato, milk, and a granola bar for dinner/snack. I don't think the food pyramid would like my food that much.

Today I had a granola bar for breakfast, coffee, string cheese, pretzles, and an orange; just had cottage cheese with peaches for a snack, which should hold me until I get home.

No comments: