Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Thwarted again!

Yet again I didn't get to the gym yesterday! And this time it honestly wasn't my fault. On Monday, OK, I should have remembered my meeting and dressed appropriately to start so I wouldn't have to spend my lunch break running home, but yesterday the only thing on my schedule was a 1:30 meeting with my boss. Except that he called at 12:00 from Annapolis saying he might be running late and how about we meet when he gets back to campus, probably around 2:00. 2:00 came and went with no sign of him. I called at 2:30 and still no sign of him. At 3:00 he came by my office--on his way to a meeting with his boss, and asked if we could meet after that meeting. Then that meeting took until 4:30. So I was on standby all afternoon for a meeting that never happened! We managed to get together long enough at 4:45 to find a time on Friday to meet. Ugh.

Other than that, the day was really good: cereal and coffee for breakfast, almonds for morning snack, string cheese, an apple, and pretzles for lunch, yogurt for afternoon snack, two scrambled eggs and a waffle for dinner, and a tablespoon of chocolate chips for my nighttime sugar fix. Total calories were just over 1200, and I managed yet again to eat nothing between getting home from work and eating dinner. Not nearly enough in the way of fruits and vegetables, though. But dinner was unusual--normally I'd have something from a plant source with dinner.

Before going to bed, I did a pilates DVD for the first time in weeks. I did it just on the carpet and Davey only bothered me a bit. I think he really likes my exercise mat--when I pull that out, he won't leave me alone. And it helped that Brian came home in the middle of the DVD, so he was able to keep Davey away from me.

No comments: