Thursday, May 04, 2006

Good intentions gone stale

Like Julie, I started out yesterday determined to be good on my food, but it went downhill fast. I ate my usual breakfast, the apple peel, and the pretzels. Shortly after I posted my resolve dissipated and was flimsy all day. I had lunch of yogurt and a small bowl of macaroni and cheese and dinner of brunswick stew with milk to drink, but also during the day I had three samoas, half a dozen M&Ms eggs, a jellybean or two, several mini-Reese's eggs (I don't know how many -- at least three but fewer than six), a lot more pretzels (they were our snack during swim lessons, at Xander's request, and I ate too many), and tortilla chips with cheese dip (I lost count after the first dozen -- probably four handfuls, though not huge handfuls). I don't recall having any significant intake of fruit yesterday, except for OJ, which doesn't have as much nutrition as whole fruit! I feel like there was more snacking going on than I've listed -- it seemed constant all day.

I did get to the gym, though. I did 45 minutes on the bike. Very boring, but necessary and better than nothing. Today I will get exercise by walking all over town; our van is in for a couple of recalls and an inspection today, but I'm scheduled to donate blood at 1:30 (though since Daniel has to watch the kids then he will probably come home so I can take his car, rather than me walking the kids the two miles to his office and back, which would probably kill Mary, since there's no room for her in the stroller). We have Girl Scouts at 4:30, too, and that I'll walk even if I have the van back -- we'll walk Mary there, then hang out at the library for an hour and then walk home.

No comments: