Thursday, May 18, 2006

Running

My mega-bra arrived earlier this week, so yesterday I put it on and jogged on the treadmill at the gym. While it did not stop 100% of the bouncing, it reduced the level of motion to no more than you see on a normal-chested woman, and the bounce was neither uncomfortable nor embarrassing. Unfortunately, not having run in seven years, I had no idea what my pace should be nor what distance I could manage, and I didn't know the settings on the treadmill, so I tried using a pre-programmed run. My initial pace was comfortable, but then the machine pushed it, and then it dropped it back but with a steep hill, and on the whole it was a big pain. I finally told it to quit bothering me and I managed to put it more or less on manual, but in the meantime I'd developed quite a stitch, and I'm not sure if it was because the bra constricted my breathing that much or if it was because I just couldn't handle the pace at all. At any rate, I exercised on the treadmill for just under 35 minutes and just over 5 k. Then I went over to my nice, safe exercycle and cycled for 20 minutes more. My grand total for calories burned, as reported by the machines, was 483. Today I am sore through the ribcage and in my thighs.

The running was fun, though, and I think I'm ready to say I'm training for the triathlon!

I can't remember all my food from yesterday. I had my usual breakfast and for dinner I had leftover spaghetti, followed by two and a half glasses of wine (and I'm turning into a serious lightweight!!) and three slices of cheddar. I had macaroni and cheese for lunch, just a half portion, and then I shared a "love it" Apple Pie a la Coldstone with Cecilia, so I probably ate just ove the "like it" size -- Cecilia really likes ice cream and ate a bunch! It's the snacking I can't recall. Probably one serving of almonds and one of pretzels, and I know had about a dozen of the mini-sized toffee cookies Mom and Dad left behind. And I think I had a half a banana, but maybe that was the day before. Hmmm. I need to write things down better.

Today I had my usual breakfast, and for lunch I had a yogurt and a piece of the cheddar bread toasted and with margarine. I've had either four or six thin mints and three or four toffee cookies (they're very small, and they're all gone now). I've also had about four pretzels. I haven't hit my eat-everything-in-sight time of day yet!

No comments: