Thursday, May 04, 2006

No Excuses excuse

I was awful yesterday. Awful with a caplital AW. I woke up to a beautiful day and prompltly put my exercise clothes on so I could take a nice long walk. I then got disctracted by a new book waiting for me - which I proceeded to read ALL DAY! I kept telling my self that I was on the no excuses exercise plan - but I wasn't on the no procrastination plan. Thus my downfall. Once the light was gone I told myself I had to do my walking video. (I had to do that one because I still haven't moved the dining room table out of the living room and the walking one I can do in my bedroom.) But - I didn't do that either. I DID, however, finish my book - at about 11:30pm. I ate not a scrap of healthy food. Mostly just girl scout cookies. I thought about making a LD dinner - but never did. Katie was running around all night - and so wasn't home to force me to eat something healthy for dinner. I had a spoonful of peanut butter for lunch. I also had a latte with skim milk. Otherwise it was all bad cookies.

Then - of course - since I had NO protein (other than the 1 spoonful of PB) all day I woke up at 3am and ate more girl scout cookies. Humph! To think this USED to be my normal eating habits...

Anyway - the result of all this badness was I lost 0.2 pounds. I was 209.6 yesterday and 209.4 today. Kind of the pizza diet affect. Anyway - I am determined to NOT let this be the norm. I am going to get myself back on track today.

Tuesday was a good day. I ate fruits and vegetables. I didn't eat too much junk food at night (I had a 100 calorie pack of Chips Ahoy in the evening). I went to the gym, made an appointment to meet with the trainer on May 17th, and did 37 minutes on the treadmill. I stopped 5 minutes short because I wanted to do my abs workout. I had noticed that my belly was getting flabby again and decided that I could go back to that piece of my routine fairly easily if I stopped walking a few minutes earlier than I normally do. I do my abs on three machines - one for my back, one for my obliques and one that is like traditional crunches with weights. I increased my sets to 15 (instead of 12 and 13) so did a total of 120 various crunches. Maybe it was my imagination, but I seemed to see a difference after even just one day of this. I am going to add it back in today with my workout.

Sarah - if carrying your gym bag with you every where you go counted as exercise I would be ready for the olympic team. I had my gym bag in my car the whole time Dad was in the hospital. It didn't seem to help.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I mean really carrying it with me--I carry it out to the car in the morning, carry it into the office, carry it back to the car, then carry it into the house. I began to feel like a complete idiot last night when I was dragging it home yet again, unused of course. But I can't leave it anywhere because my office area is open to anyone who wants to walk through, and my car obviously get riffled through parked in front of my house, so I just keep lugging the damn thing around.

What book were you reading? If it was that good, I should read it!

Amy said...

I knew what you meant. I used to carry mine back and forth too - until I decided that was unnecessary.

I just read Haunted by Kelley Armstrong. She wrote the warewolf story Bitten and then a bunch of others. They are supernatural, mystery romance stories. I really like them a lot. (They aren't quite as hoakey as some of this same genre.) Katie and I own them all so if you want to borrow them you can. (Although - you may have already borrowed the earlier ones.)