Tuesday, May 30, 2006

133.2

Up from last week--I seem to be just moving around in this 132 - 135 range, which I guess is fine but after all those months of steadily losing, this is getting dull. I stayed around 132 all of last week, ate too much and exercised too little all weekend and didn't weigh myself or even wear my pedometer and then was up a pound today. No big surprise.

I wonder if Emily's idea is right, but I don't know if taking the whole summer off is a good idea. I don't know how I'd do. On the one hand, I'm definitely more active in the summer, but I also know that if no one is "watching" me, I'll overeat and get really lazy about exercising. It's bad enough that I have to get on here and admit that I only got to the gym twice last week and did pilates twice, but if I didn't have to report, how likely would I be to exercise at all? Maybe a three or four week hiatus would be better? That length of time might be a good challenge to see how well we fare without constant vigilance but not so long that we'd lose a lot of ground if we aren't well behaved.

Or maybe we could take a break while Katie is in Austria? Five weeks (is it five weeks?), during which time she'll be walking constantly and eating nothing because it's all too expensive and we'll be here gorging on American summer food (mmmmm, buttery corn on the cob! Popsicles! Oooooh, and aren't the snowball stands open now?). She's already teeny-tiny, even though she never posts anymore (she was 128.something and 129.something the last two weeks). Anyway, since she'll be away from the internet for those five weeks (a fate worse than, well, not death, but possibly an IRS audit) that might be the natural time for a break and then we can see how we're doing. What do you all think?

This is a weird week for me--no work (=no gym) yesterday, long off-site meetings on Thursday and Friday, and I have to find some time to get out at lunch to get things for this weekend (Girl Scout Encampment--I'll probably lose weight because it's constant walking and really gross food) so I know from the start that I'll only get in one day at the gym. In the evenings I have a ton of laundry to do, packing for the weekend, and Thursday night at Mom's, so I have to do all the laundry and packing today and tomorrow. So probably no evening exercise either. Sheesh. But at least I'll be active for the most part, and away from a lot of snacking, so maybe the week won't be a total loss.

No comments: