Thursday, May 04, 2006

New Challenge

This is actually a different kind of challenge - with not just one winner. My challenge to us all is to each come up with a new low cal. healthy snack. We all have our standards (mock cinnabon, pistachio nuts, yogurt with chocolate chips). What I am looking for from all of us is something that is tasty, snack like that has more value to it (lower calorie, higher fiber, more protein, whatever) than Girl Scout cookies - or whatever our down fall is. I know - in theory - what we SHOULD eat as snacks are fresh fruit and vegetables. But - SOR! - that is not what I am craving in the evening when I want to grab something to munch on. So - I want us each to submit a snack idea that would curb the cravings and prevent someone like me from eating cookies ALL DAY. Ideally, a snack shoudl be something that doesn't take more than a minute or two to prepare and is more than three bites. Three bites is just a teaser to me.

Everyone should submit their snack by weigh-in day next week. We will then ALL be winners because we will have five (or more) new snack ideas.

No comments: