Tuesday, May 30, 2006

OK

As long as there is even one person who doesn't want to give it a rest for a while, then let's keep going. But we still have to find some way to re-motivate ourselves, and there's no way in HELL I'm going to take pictures of myself in a bikini. I swear, the remaining weight on me is all sagging around my stomach, and I don't see any way of getting rid of it short of surgery. Dumb big babies. Why couldn't I be long waisted and give birth to six pound babies?

Small motivation: new workout clothes. I hit Target today for bug spray, sunscreen, duffle bag, etc. for the weekend and also picked up a pair of running shorts and two workout shirts--a super-lightweight tank and a fitted tank with a built-in workout bra. The fitted tank is a little victory for me--a year ago I wouldn't have been caught dead in it because I would have bulged so much around the sides. Maybe I'll take pictures in that and I can work on my arms and shoulders. It'll probably also show off my non-flat stomach without causing nightmares.

I didn't report on food over the weekend. It's better that I don't, but at least I was in good company for the tea yesterday afternoon--two cucumber sandwiches, one roast beef and boursin cheese sandwich, a piece of butter cake, a scoop of berries with whipped cream, a scone with jam, one tiny lemon curd tart and two key lime tarts. That kept me going through dinnertime, then at bedtime my stomach was growling so I had a glass of milk, an orange (I should have stopped there) and an ice cream sandwich. Lunch was pasta salad, breakfast was cereal. I can't remember any food before yesterday. I don't think I was totally horrible, but I wasn't really great either. Oh, Amy and I were scrapbooking on Saturday and there were all kinds of goodies sitting out and neither of us ate much of it at all. I had more than she did--one cookie, a handfull of Poppycock, two big M&M's, and I think that was it. I had a mozarella, pesto, and tomato sandwich for lunch with some chips and a pickle and a root beer. Oh, I forgot about the cafe goodies that day--regular coffee and a bagel, then a scrapacchino in the afternoon. No WONDER I didn't eat the goodies! So that just leaves Sunday unaccounted for. I'll leave it that way because I really don't remember what I ate!

Today so far: cereal, milk, and coffee for breakfast, almonds for snack, orange, pretzles, and string cheese for lunch. I'm drinking a diet Coke now, and I still have yogurt in the fridge.

1 comment:

Julie S said...

Yeah, I wouldn't even waste money on a bikini, but I do have a pair of cargo pants I've never been able to wear. Stupid Old Navy sizes. My butt doesn't fit right in them, but it is getting better. I had a pair of Ann Tylor pants that I was using like this before--I would put them on every Sunday night and one week, they finally fit. I wear them all the time now.