Thursday, May 04, 2006

Why isn't yogurt more gross?

Think about it... If you had a carton of milk and it was chunky/watery/yellowish - you would be disgusted (and impressed with your poor refrigerator cleaning skills). Even coffee if let to sit all day, when you pour it out finally and the chunks in the bottom dump out - you probably do the Icky Dance (or the Icky Twitch if you are alone at the time). So why is it okay - and even a GOOD thing - to eat yogurt. Why isn't yogurt more gross? I am eating mine right now with a plastic fork - and all I wish I had is a spoon. It is pretty good.

I went to the gym and again did 37 minutes on the treadmill and my abs workout. Why is it (since I am in a pondering mood) that working out on the treadmill is torture for the first 30 minutes or so - and after that it is much smoother sailing. I should be MORE tired, but instead I can feel my muscles limbering up and it is easier to get into my book on tape - or whatever is on TV. I can walk MUCH longer after 30 minutes - but getting to that point is like pulling teeth. I have to do the "You are 1/8th of the way done. Now, 1/6th done if you quit at 36 minutes, OK now you are 1/4 of the way there..." etc.

I hope we have something yummy for dinner. I am craving good food right now. (Having just eaten rotten milk with a plastic fork...)

1 comment:

Julie S said...

I am very particular about my yogurt. It has to have fruit chunks in it, and if it shows even the slightest bit of separation I won't eat it. Oh--and if there are those little white chunky things in it that look like baby spit up--no deal there either. Straight to the garbage. I have been eating the Dannon Activa yogurt that has different critters in it than regular yogurt, and I really like it. It is very smooth and doesn't separate. But beware of the prune flavor...the box looks a lot like blueberry...