Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Not good

Finally this site is letting me post! It wouldn't let me onto our page for half the morning, and then it wouldn't let me get to the posting page (just the comments pages) until now. Sheesh.

Anyway, my weight was 135.0 this morning. It's been drifting that direction for the past couple of weeks, though I've been lucky on weigh-in days. 135 is not a bad weight for me; it's the direction my weight is heading that is worrying me. And it's my own fault -- I'm still not eating well and not exercising enough. Yesterday when Daniel told me he didn't want to go to the gym my response was, "Oh, good, me, neither, and now I feel less guilty." Then he told me he didn't want to go because he was going running. And he did. Sigh. So then I felt like a real idiot.

It was close to 6 when we had that conversation, so with the normal stuff I have to accomplish in an evening I didn't have a chance to make myself exercise after that. I could have done a video later in the evening -- it would have been after 10 -- but I was a lazy bum and didn't. Ugh.

On the plus side, I have cut back on my snacking this week, and I've been making an effort to pay closer attention to what I eat, though I haven't been good about writing it down lately. Alexander and I made brownies on Saturday (while Mary was at her sleepover and Daniel was out for a poker night) and I ate too many of those, but it didn't get completely out of control (except for the three and a half the first night). And I'm trying to remember to choose fruit or almonds or string cheese over cookies and brownies and candy. There are no open boxes of cookies right now, and the Easter candy is just dregs. But I need to get back to making an effort at everything!

No comments: