Monday, December 05, 2005

Wrong direction

How unfair is this? Last week I was in the 143 range--inched over 144 a couple of times, but by Friday, I was 143 even. This morning I was 145 even, after hitting the mid-144 range both days on the weekend. Now I know I haven't been perfect in my diet (those restaurant lunches on Thursday and Friday) but I've been fairly restrained--yesterday at Claire's birthday brunch I had some eggs, two slices of bacon, and fruit salad and a medium piece of cake, but that was breakfast and lunch combined, and for dinner I ordered pizza but only ate one slice. Saturday I was *really* good--I already posted my breakfast and lunch. Dinner was baked fish, steamed broccoli, and saffron rice. It doesn't get much healthier than that! And I exercised both days--walking on Saturday and the harder pilates DVD last night. So what's with the weight gain? You'd think that at the very least I'd stay stable. But two pounds is more than just water retention, and I don't think I'm retaining water anyway! Ugh. Maybe my body is doing the Eskimo thing and trying to hold on to fat to keep me warm now that the weather is cold.

I'm still on track with the exercise challenge, and now that I'm back in the office I can hit the gym again, probably three days this week, with DVDs on the days I don't go. Yay me! But I can't wait for this challenge to end--I'd love a day off!

No comments: