Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Japanese food

That's what we ended up eating for lunch yesterday, which was perfect--I like Japanese food, but I don't love it, and it's nearly impossible to overeat. Perfect for someone trying to control her intake. I had teryaki chicken, so it was grilled chicken, vegetables, and plain steamed rice.

When I got home, Brian had readied a stir fry meal--marinated pork, tons of peas, carrots, and squash, and more steamed rice. Since it was roughly the same as what I had eaten for lunch, I only had a small portion. I did have cake for dessert, but just one piece so it didn't ruin my calorie count for the day.

Like Katie, I'm trying to figure out how to exercise while also wrapping gifts, watching kids, baking cookies, and keeping the tree upright (Claire knocked it over last night; we found out later it was because she was having her stuffed cats act out the Chip and Dale routine on Mickey Mouse's tree). Last night I wasn't successful--I stayed up until after 1 a.m. but never found the time to exercise. But in about a half an hour I'm going to the gym again, so I'll get in some exercise today at least.

I wish today had been my weigh-in day--I weighed 140 even! And I'd say "maybe next week" except I doubt I'll be able to keep my weight down with Christmas looming.

No comments: