Friday, December 16, 2005

Where is everyone?

I went to make a post last night and got very distracted by reading Dad's Blog. I forgot so much of what was happening - but reading it this time really brought it back home. I was getting very tear-y reading the December and January posts. You know - we accepted very early on that it was going to be a long slow recovery. I think if we hadn't done that so much we may have put our collective feet down much sooner than March - although, also in retrospect - I don't know that Dad COULD have gotten out sooner than he did - even with the swallow therapy. According to our posts he was getting to the point where they were actively looking for a bed for him even before the swallow therapy. Of course, he could have had another set back before a bed was found if he wasn't getting the therapy and better nutrition. I meant to look up last night to see if Suzanne and Paula (the root of all PT/ST evil) were still at Sinai.

Anyway - I just ate a huge amount of Sushi. If we get sushi at work I usually only get one or two rolls. Today I was trying a new place so I wanted to get some of my "normal" stuff as a basis of comparison. I ended up with two rolls and an order of shumai - steamed dumplings. I thought I would not be able to eat them all... I did. Sigh. They were REALLY good!

I can't remember why, but last night Katie and I were too lazy to pack our lunches. We both had some left overs from yesterday - but this morning I realized that it was less than I thought. So I made and egg sandwich - and then had sushi. That is what I have eated so far.

Katie - we HAVE to exercise tonight!!! When you get home put on your workout clothes and linger downstairs so I will be forced to be motivated. OK?

No comments: