Monday, December 19, 2005

Egg Nog

OMG! It is a darn good thing that egg nog only comes around once a year. I love the stuff. I think I consumed nothing but egg nog and sushi all weekend (and some popcorn at the Friendly Inn on Saturday). I made my own on Sunday (mostly because milk and eggs are cheaper than the stuff at the grocery store - and I can used the Latose free milk - which Katie and I both seem to like better than the regular milk...). I went through a fairly healthy (or not so) portion of the bottle of Myers Dark Rum I have had hanging around for years. With any luck I can finish it up before Christmas and have some more cabinet space.

Saturday night (at the bar) I mentioned that I wanted to make egg nog the next day - so Gisla (the German owner of a Bluegrass bar in Maryland - hers MUST be an interesting story!!) poured me a shot of her egg nog. It was REALLY good!!! I think I tasted a hint of coconut in it - I am not sure if she used Malibu in it - or just coconut extract. I have a recipe for cooked egg nog that I think I will try out this week.

So this morning I stepped on the scale and decided I would pretend like I didn't. I saw a horrible number that I haven't actually SEEN since early October. I do NOT believe that I have gained that many pounds in egg nog and sushi!!! I forgot to weigh myself yesterday - and Saturday I didn't remember until mid afternoon (when I was still 205.2). I just hope I can manage to lose it before tomorrow.

I am with Sarah - I don't expect to LOSE weight before January - I just want to maintain where I am.

Julie - I forgot to comment about your post about our lack of competition. Yup. I couldn't agree more! I have NEVER been competative. I figure I can't handle the disappointment of losing to someone else, so I don't really try. Then I chose to do things that most people DON'T do - simply so they won't turn out to be better than me!! 8-) But I do LOVE the idea of the rest of the blog backing us like horses in a race. I wonder if that would have some sort of positive affect. You know - the desire not to disappoint people or to compete for the sake of a TEAM does exist in me. Let me think about this for a bit and figure out how we can make it work. Let's agree now - however - to hold off on this until the new year. OK?

No comments: