Friday, December 30, 2005

Eating too much!

I have no self control where cookies and candy are concerned. If it's in the house, I eat it. And I've been eating a LOT over the past few days--I've watched my weight go up to 142.4 pounds as of this morning! Ugh. Doesn't help that I've also been eating too much at meals also, and no fresh fruit or vegetables to speak of this week. I've been exercising, though, although not as much as usual. I've gone for two three mile runs this week and have done two pilates DVD's. The new Fitness magazine says that pilates has about the same calorie burn/cario effects as speed walking. I find that very hard to believe. I don't think my heart rate goes up much at all during those sessions.

For the record--I hate running. I don't understand these people who run for an hour, hour and a half each day and enjoy it! Except for the first couple of minutes where I'm just warming up and not yet winded and the last couple of minutes where the end is in sight and I'm going downhill, the rest of the run is miserable. I think it's easier when I'm at work--running on the treadmill, although mind-bogglingly dull, is a bit easier since you don't have to face headwinds while going uphill or dodge tree branches and traffic, plus you're forced to keep to a steady pace. And by running on the treadmill I'm avoiding work. But getting myself up and moving when I'm not at work is really hard. OTOH, I'm getting better--I did the whole three mile route in 35 minutes today (another reason it's harder to run outside: I run faster when I'm not on the treadmill).

1 comment:

Julie S said...

Only time I run is if something is chasing me...