Wednesday, December 21, 2005

143.0

Well, that's my weight today. Yesterday I was so scattered because I had my Christmas concert at school that I didn't even remember to weigh myself! I'm thinking that's either a great thing or a terrible thing, because I had been sick the night before, but since it was an interesting combination of diarrhea and then constipation, I'm not sure whether I would be up or down. So I'm taking today's 143 as this week's weigh-in.

I think it sounds like a good plan for all of us to try and maintain, but not necessarily lose, between now and the New Year. We're all pretty much doomed, anyway. Today I walked into the faculty room and saw two huge tables piled high with cookies and candies and chips and so forth (both gifts from the students and parents and HSA and so forth as well as leftovers from class parties) and realized that I just did NOT want anything sweet or salty at 7:30 in the morning! So I very nicely scoped out one of the exactly TWO clementines available and took it back to my room. Where I proceeded to eat one cupcake, four hershey's kisses, two cookies (non-descript Christmas variety), about three pounds of that yummy saltines coated in butter and sugar and melted chocolate, and several handfuls of BBQ potato chips (which I don't even LIKE). So now I'm eating the clementine. *sigh* It's the best-tasting thing I've had all day, to be honest with you!

Anyone have any suggestions of how one can exercise and wrap presents or knit at the same time? That's what I need to be capable of.

No comments: