Saturday, December 03, 2005

Finally some exercise variety!

Yesterday I didn't do the pilates video I had planned. Instead I decided to try some of the workouts in the new Fitness magazine that mom brought over. There was a ten minute jump rope routine (witha different form of jumping every minute) and then I followed that up with an upper body workout with weights that was in one of their "transform your body in 28 days" articles (they run them pretty often). The jump rope thing very nearly killed me--there's nothing quite like jumping with your arms over your head to get your heart rate up, and today my calves are killing me! The upper body thing was so-so--I was using five pound weight which were good for the shoulder exercises but a bit low for the bicep/tricep exercises. But it was nice to do something different.

Today, to keep up the variety, I went for a walk after the morning session of my conference. That wasn't really variety since I do it all the time, but I was doing it around the Mall and the Capitol building, so the scenery was different. I wanted to hike up and down the stairs of the capitol, but they wouldn't let me--it was blocked off to all but official tours. But I got in a 40 minute brisk walk, so now I feel all virtuous. And tired.

I've been good with the food today--cereal for breakfast, yogurt, nutri-grain bar, and almonds kind of for lunch/snack (yogurt at 10:30, nutrigrain at 12:30, almonds at 1:45) and nothing since then.

No comments: