Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Below 150!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How many exclamation points is that? Definitely the sign of a sick mind. But I was 149.5 today!! I was actually at 149 yesterday morning, but it didn't count because it was Monday, and I went down so abruptly this week that I thought it might be a fluke. But fluke or no, it's the first time I've been below 150 since at least 1995, maybe even 1994. So I'm happy.

I haven't posted in three days because I was SO bad this weekend -- I didn't exercise Saturday or Sunday, the first time I've gone two days without exercise in a month, and I ate junk, junk, junk. And skipped meals. But I guess my definition of "junk" has been toned down over the last three months so maybe calorie-wise I wasn't so bad.

Yesterday I ate my usual breakfast, but I grazed through lunchtime -- I had string cheese and pretzels, I think. We're out of yogurt and tuna, but I don't know why it didn't occur to me to make a sandwich. No, I take that back -- Mary, Cecilia and I went shopping while Alexander was in school, two hours late for no good reason, so he ate lunch at school. I also ate two clementines at lunchtime. I ate numerous almonds through the afternoon, though not more than two servings' worth, I'd guess. We went out to dinner -- Mary won a $25 gift certificate to a restaurant as a door prize, a place called Beamer's, named for the football coach at Virginia Tech. We won't be going back there -- even with the gift certificate it was terribly overpriced, and even though it was done up like a sports bar they had a menu that seemed to be trying to be a fancy restaurant. I had the filet and crabcake, and my filet was decidedly rare, not medium rare, so I only had a couple of bites. But I also ate the asparagus (underdone) that came on my plate, plus more than half the crabcake (very yummy), and too many bites of the potatoes (also very yummy), and two small slices of bread with butter (no redeeming nutritional value at all, and not the best bread ever, but it was warm and I was cold, and it tasted good). And I ate most of the caesar's salad (really good croutons!) which was fortunately lightly dressed. I could have eaten all the food on my plate, and the salad, and a lot more bread, I was that hungry. But 10 minutes after we left I was feeling stuffed, so I was glad I made myself stop when I did. We were glad to leave -- they were broadcasting a sports-talk radio program from the restaurant, so we had to listen to the host and each of his guests VERY LOUDLY through our whole meal, plus we had to listen to the idiots who called in. It was such a relief when they got to commercials, because the host turned the sound off then. We did get to see Virginia Tech's basketball coach on the show, though, and Daniel was glad he hadn't stayed in his exercise clothes -- he was wearing a Duke sweatshirt before, and Duke just beat VT on a last-second miracle shot last week!

Anyway, I did exercise yesterday, 35 minutes on the bike at the gym. We've re-signed for six months so now we're committed to staying fit at least that long. Today I won't go to the gym, but I'll try to get some kind of exercise at home. Then Daniel is out of town for a week starting tomorrow, so it will be easier to get exercise then -- I don't have to feel guilty about taking over the living room to walk, and I don't have to feel bad about throwing the dinner schedule off. And I have a refrigerator full of mostly healthy leftovers to eat for the week, so maybe I'll be good!

No comments: