Wednesday, December 07, 2005

The incredible shrinking woman

Yesterday morning I was 145.2. This morning when I weighed myself I was 144.4. After my shower I was 143.6. I still think it's interesting that I weigh less after my shower, so I keep doing it to see the difference. Usually it isn't so dramatic.

So what gives? I'm pretty sure my scale is accurate (or at least if I get off and get back on over and over and move the scale around the room I'll get the same reading)--I think my weight just fluctuates wildly from day to day. Weird. And hard to know what to believe.

Yesterday was a long day and I almost didn't exercise. The college opened two hours late, and I really needed those two hours with the deadlines I have this week, so I took work home with me and actually did it (for the first time at this job), plus I baked a batch of cookies so I could have something to take to the hospital tomorrow. And I paid bills--normally not a big process but last night I tackled the medical bills. I always let the pile up for months (because if I pay when I get it, it usually means that I then have to go back for a partial refund if the insurance kicks in some more) which meant I had to weed through piles of these things, trying to find the most recent/accurate. It took nearly three hours to get everything paid (although I was also bathing kids, brushing teeth, reading books to them, etc. during this time, so it didn't take the WHOLE time), then I did some Christmas shopping, then finally my work. Anyway, the end result was that by the time I finished all of this it was 1 a.m. and I didn't feel like exercising, but Brian cajoled me into it ("you don't want to give up the challenge now, do you?") so I did the same upper body workout with free weights that I did last week (Friday, maybe?). Does it count as exercising that day if I did it after midnight? I figure as long as it's before I go to bed, it counts.

Food yesterday was good--nutrigrain bar for breakfast, yogurt, pretzles, and fruit for lunch, almonds for snack, broiled chicken and green beans for dinner. No other snacks or dessert, for a change! Today I'm on the same track--same breakfast, lunch and snack so far. I didn't go to the gym at lunch as usual today. I ended up Christmas shopping at the mall instead, so I'll have to fit something in tonight. Although I think hitting five stores and getting five gifts in under an hour should count for something!

No comments: