Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Merry Christmas to me

146.5! It comes of not eating enough, and not eating well, so this is the effect of a crash diet, basically. But it gives me a little room to play with over Christmas. And it's the lowest number I've seen since 1994 -- I was 143 at the end of August of 1993, and by Christmas I was 145, so I reached it from the other direction eleven, almost twelve, years ago.

I remembered this morning what I used to claim as my most successful diet. As of Christmas during my freshman year of high school, I weighed 128 pounds (doesn't that sound lovely? But that's the bad number in this story). During the Christmas holidays, I slept late every day, got up and ate coffee cake for breakfast (until it was gone, and then I skipped breakfast), ate nothing but candy all day, and then ate what seemed like a huge dinner. I lost ten pounds over about three weeks. I was lazy and gluttonous. Why don't diets like that work for me anymore? (Anyone want to join me in THAT diet challenge next week? Hee hee!)

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Congratulations!!! Your weight loss has just been amazing this whole time. May I borrow Cecilia for a while to get an extra calorie burning boost?

Katie said...

I'll join you in that diet! I have next week off! =)