Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Food Coma

I just ate an ungodly amount of food. The Transmitter team was having our lunch at Fazzini's (an Italian Restaurant in Cockeysville) since we are reviewing them in our next issue. So lunch was free. Now - these free lunches vary - sometimes it is chef's choice - sometimes we order off the menu. This time was chef's choice - and the chef KEPT bringing us food!!! OMG! It was SO incredible! I tried not to each much of anything except the salad - but the parade of food wouldn't stop. By the end I was ready to lay down on the floor. I said "Ugh - I am Thanksgiving full..." and the team decided to use that in the article (I am hoping to edit it out). Luckily I have a week to try to unload some of it.

All weekend my weight was going up a pound a day until I hit 206.2 yesterday. I was so mad!! But this morning I was back down to 205.2 - which is one pound up from last week. Since today was also the one month review I am sad to say my official total lost for November was a big fat NOTHING (actually I gained .2 over October). However, I am not giving up hope!! I am still over 10 pounds down from where we started - which is REALLY GOOD. Quitting Halloween candy helped me - and now I will quit the Girl Scout cookies.

I also want to get back to the good focus we had in the beginning. The thing is I KNOW I have improved dramatically since we started - and am still SO much better than I was before. I think about every bite I take - which is a major improvement. We eat balanced dinners everyday - and pack balanced lunches. It is much harder to stray when all the right food is there to be consumed. I just have to avoid the temptations in the evenings a little bit better.

I am with Sarah - only a guy can do that sort of intuitive eating... What does he mean you can't eat something "because it's there and tastes good?" that IS intuitive to me!!!!! And surrounding myself with junk? - I would eat it all. I would binge ALL of the time. It is intuitive to want to eat everything all at once - even if it makes my stomach hurt. How do you think I got where I am? I have to eat counter-intuitively. Vegetables first, whole grains next, lean protein, and fruit. Special treats are lowfat yogurt and cottage cheese with fruit. I have eaten intuitively for FAR too long!

I want to say I will get on board with the exercise thing. I have been wanting to - but I really don't think I will last. But I will try - and NO more mocking of the 15 minute exercises, you guys!!! From what I have read about exercise, 20 minutes a day is good to shoot for, and ALL of it counts - which means if you walk to and from your car and up and down stairs - that counts. I think those of you who spend 45 minutes on bikes and treadmills are nuts. I COULD do it, but I am bored out of my skull by 10 minutes and a raving lunatic by 20 minutes (I usually can make it until 22-25 minutes). I'd MUCH rather do 45 minutes of resistance training.

No comments: