Tuesday, December 20, 2005

I should be too busy to eat

But somehow I'm squeezing in the food in two-second intervals. Why can't I be that enthused about exercise? Actually, today I didn't do so bad. I had my usual breakfast, then a snack of almonds, then lunch of yogurt (just yogurt), then a snack of a brownie (plus licking the brownie spoon, plus eating several scraps of mozarella and half a lasagna noodle and a bite of ricotta and a taste of tomato sauce), then nothing else that I recall until dinner, a caesar cool wrap from Chick-fil-a (and I discovered this fall that I eat a lot less dressing if I dip into it instead of pouring it on), followed by a second brownie, and a few more brownie crumbs as I cleaned up the pan. The sad thing is this wasn't even Christmas baking -- this was dinner for a friend (and I also put a lasagna in the freezer for Christmas Eve, so that part was Christmas baking; but the brownies were her dessert, because I haven't made enough Christmas cookies to share yet, and brownies from a mix were much quicker than cookies) so I'm not really that far ahead of where I was yesterday. And I find I'm totally off-topic -- I was discussing what I ate today. Anyway, it looks like I didn't really eat enough today; I just recall sneaking bites of the cooking into my mouth as I went along. I'm going to have a banana before bedtime (which was an hour ago, incidentally).

I went to the gym tonight and did 50 minutes on the bike at level 7. I was reading a magazine (Parenting -- I don't think it has any actual articles, just ten-second paragraphs on a thousand topics, so I didn't have to be able to concentrate) instead of watching TV, and the time passed a lot more quickly than usual. I couldn't tell you a word of what I read, but it went by quickly. I'll have to try that trick another time.

Now my legs are aching so I'm going to bed (after the banana, of course -- which might help with the aching legs, anyway).

No comments: