Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Pounds hiding under the bathmat

That's where they go after the shower, maybe. I've noticed I sometimes lose weight after a shower as well -- I haven't weighed myself more than once or twice in those circumstances, but I've seen lower weights as well, and I figured it was just my scale being flaky.

This morning I was down a pound from yesterday. I'm approaching the 151 that I saw before Easter in 2003; if I can dip below that, I'll be at my lowest in about a decade! And as of last week I'm no longer overweight. But I still want to get down to the middle of my ideal weight range, not pushing the upper edge.

Today I did get to the gym. There was only one recumbent bike open, so I used it for about eight or nine minutes until Daniel show up, and then I willingly relinquished it to him because it was kicking my butt. I went to the treadmill for the next 25 minutes, thinking it would be easier, what with walking having been my primary exercise of late, but I put it on the default program at a speed of 4.5 to 5 mph, which seems kind of slow, and it wound up being pretty demanding. I used to jog on the treadmills in Georgia at a higher speed than that, if I'm remembering correctly (and I know I could just barely cover six miles in an hour on the road at the peak of my running career), but I usually kept it at a lower incline than this gave me. Anyway, I jogged most of the time because walking at that pace really gave me shin splints, and now my hamstrings are a bit sore, of all things.

I hate jogging in front of people because I bounce so much. They just don't make athletic bras in my size. I wonder how much more weight I have to lose before I can find something that fits? Unfortunately I don't seem to be losing any cup sizes -- I'm getting smaller in my band size, though, which actually complicates matters. It's easier to find large cup sizes in large band sizes.

Food today was boring. I had my usual breakfast, and yogurt and toast for lunch, and then nothing for about six hours because I was running around town all afternoon (in the car -- so no exercise except at the gym). By the time we got home I was starving, so I ate a handful of goldfish before dinner, and then I had chili and rice for dinner (plus a glass and a half of milk to drink), and I couldn't finish it all. I don't know if my stomach shrinks when I haven't eaten all day, or if I'm clenching it because the hunger is uncomfortable, but I often run into this situation. Then I'm hungry two hours later. Like now. I should eat something -- I've had plenty of starches and dairy today but I should get some fruit in my diet.

Sorry this ran so long today (but I'm never short on things to say!).

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Emily, try Title 9 Sports for a better selection of sports bras(http://www.title9sports.com/). I think they've got bras up to the triple-D cup size and in all sorts of band sizes. They rate them by how supportive they are--you'd want to look for 3+ barbells.