Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Clearing out the leftovers

Yesterday I had my usual breakfast, plus lunch of a turkey and cheese on wheat sandwich. For dinner, though, I had a very small bowl of brunswick stew and a small heap of white rice (with some Italian seasonings -- I just can't eat plain white rice) because that was almost all that was left in the fridge! Mary had baked beans and rice for dinner, and Alexander had a bowl of brunswick stew, so what I had was their leavings. There was a container of beef stew in the fridge as well, but there was enough of that to make a full family meal, and this way we cleared out several containers. Our fridge is almost as empty of leftovers as it has ever gotten.

I didn't exercise yesterday -- or today, for that matter, though I'd planned to get to the gym. But today we went out for a Christmas tree, and then we stopped on the way home to get Daniel a haircut and then to buy a tree stand (ours has been too small, and we spend -- that is, Daniel spends -- a lot of frustrating time trying to force a tree into it, so last year when the pieces all came apart as we took the tree down, Daniel tossed the stand), so it was dark and we were tired when we got home. Didn't eat the beef stew, either.

So, for food today, I had my usual breakfast, lunch of a tiny bit of macaroni, about four ounces of yogurt, and some almonds. I had a banana for snack. I ate two peppermints while sitting in the car during Daniel's errands. For dinner we had pizza, but I've only eaten one slice; on the other hand, I also had a soda with dinner! That was clearing out the leftovers, too -- I had one cream soda left of the six I bought at the end of August or so, and this got rid of that and the box it was in. Yum. We're celebrating Daniel's return. :)

Given that Daniel is here, it's unlikely I'll get through the rest of the evening without eating more junk, but I'm cheerful enough not to care! I think I'm giving up on worrying about food and exercise (much) until after Christmas.

No comments: