Tuesday, December 06, 2005

I think I'd be doing better without the exercise!

Today I was up to 145.2. Ugh. That's about a pound and a half up from last week, and over two pounds up from Friday's low of 143. The frustrating thing is that even though I was far from perfect (I had dessert four days this week) I also wasn't horrible--those desserts added about 200 calories per day, which at the very least should mean that I'd be maintaining my weight and not gaining. I also exercised every day, both aerobic and toning, which should have helped. Darn it.

Like Emily, though, I've been a lot more lenient lately in what I've been eating. My meals are still healthy and moderate but I'm far more likely to snack on junk. I think that "intuitive dieting" would only work for a single guy--someone who can pretty much eat what he wants when he wants. But when you're expected to eat with someone else, or worse, prepare the food for other people, it kind of limits your intuition. Plus you get so sick of food preparation that you're more likely to eat what's convenient rather than what you want. Last night I really wanted the pepper lime chicken I had planned for dinner, but that's something that the kids won't eat, so I made them food first and then Connor wanted another bath and I had to oversee Claire's homework, and the phone kept ringing etc. etc. so by the time I was able to make the chicken it was around 9:00. By then I had eaten two brownies so I decided that I had had enough calories for the day (even if they weren't healthy) so I put the chicken away and will eat it as leftovers later. So much for female intuition.

No comments: