Wednesday, December 28, 2005

1 out of 1!

So I stuck mostly to the plan yesterday except for the deviation when I ate some Christmas cookies. Whatever is left by next trash day (Friday) is getting chucked. Other food yesterday was yogurt for breakfast, an apple for a morning snack, HC chicken and fettucini for lunch with a small pack of sun chips from the vending machine (the HC meal left a really yucky taste in my mouth and the sun chips were the least offensive item I could find) and bean soup with a roll for dinner.

Yesterday I came in at 165, and today I was 164.3.

I tried out Amy's gym for real yesterday. I enjoyed being able to use several different machines for shorter times. I get bored too easily. Any Emily--Amy & I can't figure out how you can use that bike for 40 minutes! My rear-end was so NUMB after 10 I was worried I would never regain feeling. Do you just set it to manual, or do you run one of the programs? Amy did manual and I tried out the hills on a low level. I liked the treadmill they have there--it was really snazzy and I also set that to run a hills program. I wish I understood the levels though. I think I may have set it too easy, but I didn't know if it went 1 to 10 or 1 to 100. We also tested the elliptical machine. That was a bit odd, but I can see how it must be an amazing workout. I'd have to work on my coordination though.

Now the thing will be to decide if I join the gym or not. I am still choking on the price a little, especially since we have to pay off our cc's from Christmas AND we have an appt at Home Depot next week to start talking about re-doing the kitchen. And my car payment starts in January, so another $50-$60 a month really does stink. Ugh. I also just remembered we still have to pay for our cruise that we are going on in June some time in early April. Sheesh. I may need a second job just to get through the first half of 2006...

I have a spreadsheet started to compare my options. Looks like I have until the end of January to find out, unless the card the lady gave me really does expire sooner. Joe said something about looking into getting a better treadmill at home--we have a basic one that doesn't have any programs and has a manual incline adjustment, which you can guess how often that happens. So last night I started pricing out nicer machines. But then we'll have to figure what to do with the old one as well. It'll all work out in the end.

1 comment:

Emily said...

I can't use the regular exercise bike because I get so numb -- I have to use the reclining one (recumbent, I think it's called) and even on that I do a lot of shifting forward and back! I find that bike pretty comfortable most of the time, though -- the periodic shifting keeps my rear awake.