Tuesday, December 06, 2005

End of another ordinary day

I didn't eat too badly today. I had my usual breakfast, lunch of tuna and toast, dinner of brunswick stew. I had snacks of a handful of pretzels and a piece of gingerbread, and after dinner I went out with my friends and had a latte (decaf non-fat -- I feel like such a girl when I order a coffee that's so nothing). But I spent the entire coffee shop time craving chocolate, so when I got home I dug out the M&Ms I was saving for cookies (they're Halloween colored, though) and I've eaten a few handfuls of those (more than I should have).

I did the 30-minute Walk today, and I'm getting decidedly bored with this video, but it's still the ideal exercise when I just need to do something. I also took the kids sledding this morning, but I didn't do much trekking up and down the hill myself. Tomorrow I'll be back at the gym for a quick workout during Mary's pageant practice.

Amy, I would find the bike workouts totally dull if I didn't have Daniel with me. The few times I've gone on my own I've managed by watching TV, but most of the time I can't get into what's on. The workout on the bike is also so exhausting that by the end I'm lucky if I can remember my own name, i.e., it keeps me from being bored by making me incapable of any thought at all.

No comments: