Saturday, December 03, 2005

I blew it

Yesterday I kept busy with school and laundry and piano (Mary's teacher gives me assignments from time to time, duet parts with Mary, to keep me and Mary practicing, and I've been bad about those lately, so I couldn't skip them this week) and getting ready for a Stampin' Up evening (my friend Becky was running it) and a few zillion other things, until it was time to get ready to go to the parade. Then after the parade I did more laundry and helped put the kids to bed and went on to Becky's. Then after Becky's it was quite late and I had to get a baby happy (which took a long time) and do more laundry, and I can't remember what else, but by then it was past midnight so technically I'd already missed exercising for the day, and I could tell Daniel really didn't want me to stay up any later, so I gave up. I still have no excuse -- I should have made time during the afternoon somehow, but I didn't. I considered doing the anorexic thing and exercising by doing crunches and other muscle work in bed, but I decided that would definitely be obsessive.

I've already exercised today (the 30-minute walk, with weights/Cecilia), and I'm going to try to get another workout in later, so that would make up for yesterday. But I'm sorry to have broken my streak! I guess it had to go sometime. I did want to make it to next weekend, though! Phooey.

Yesterday my food was so-so. I had my usual breakfast, and lunch of yogurt and a handful of pretzels, and dinner of leftover chicken, broccoli, and rice casserole. (Everyone else had spaghetti -- why do I have to be the one who gets rid of the boring leftovers?) I had snacks of a clementine, almonds, and gummy berries. Then at the parade I had a sample of hot chocolate and two hard candies and a chocolate, and at Becky's I had a slice of cheese pizza to be polite, and a handful of M&Ms (mixed peanut and plain) to be a pig. And a small glass of root beer because I'd finished my water and the root beer was next to me, but the water was across the room. No excuse, though. I need to stop being lazy and stop eating any junk that's offered.

No comments: