Friday, December 02, 2005

I don't know about you

I don't remember the last time I was at an organized event and somehow didn't spend time scaring up serving tools and organizing SOMETHING. I don't know how it happens - maybe because I AM an in charge person, but even if I am totally unrelated to an event I somehow end up running herd on people and things. I guess it should make me feel rewarded because people sense that I am responsible and am treated that way. But just ONCE I would like to be ONLY a guest somewhere. I don't think it is possible. My problem is I can see what is going wrong, and I spent so much time (from High School on) resolving the issues before anyone else noticed it as a problem that it has become second nature to me.

Tomorrow night is our big TESSCO Celebration party (I guess that is redundant) and I am (of course) on the committee. This means I have to get there an hour early, stay until everyone is gone (I'm planning on not) and making sure someone is always at the door to greet people as they arrive and scan their bar codes (no kidding). I want ONE DAY to get dressed up, go to the party and have everyone think I am irresponsible and no one should expect anything from me - no pictures, no bar codes, no greetings and pleasant smiles - just some dumb drunk girl from the office. JUST ONCE.

However, the advantage of being in charge of it all is that I DON'T tend to eat at these things. I am too busy being responsible.

No comments: