Friday, December 02, 2005

I'm not sure how I've been doing

I was at a conference yesterday and today, which meant I was up earlier, home later, and away from my usual routine (and I have to do this again tomorrow). I managed my usual breakfast each day and DIDN'T indulge in the danishes and bagels and other yummy things they had out--yesterday I had nothing, today I had two slices of melon. But I drank way more coffee than usual. Lunch yesterday was a tomato and mozarella salad; today was a grilled chicken cesear wrap. Today's lunch came with french fries and I ate some, but left most of them. But then on returning to the conference, they had out dessert--and I didn't manage to resist either day. Chocolate cake yesterday, a big cookie today. Then I came home last night exhausted and didn't want to cook, so we ordered Dominoes and they didn't deliver! An hour after I placed my order, they called and said that, ooops, they made a mistake--they don't deliver to our street but would be happy to give me the number of the store that does deliver to us. Idiots. By then it was 8:00 and I was tired and cranky and hungry, so I made sandwiches for the kids and I had popcorn, a pear, and a bunch of girl scout cookies. So not a good end to the day. Of course, pizza wouldn't have been good either! Today was better because Brian (after hearing how cranky I was yesterday) put pork chops in the crock pot and made noodles and green beans so that was all ready for me when I got home. But I still ate two girl scout cookies.

Exercise yesterday was a pilates DVD and I'll probably do the same after I get the kids in bed so I don't break my streak, but I'm so tempted to--I'm about ready to drop from exhaustion. Connor is still not sleeping well and I've been having to get up at 5:30 to get to DC by 8:00, so I've been averaging four or five hours of sleep a night.

No comments: