Sunday, December 18, 2005

Where have I been? I haven't posted since Tuesday!

I didn't realize it had been so long. I'm really into the pre-Christmas chaos now. I exercised on Wednesday, getting myself to the gym during Mary's pageant rehearsal for 32 minutes on the bike (any more and I would have been late to pick her up) at level 7 for three quarters and level 8 for the end, since the shorter time makes the whole workout too easy. But then I completely missed exercise on Thursday and Friday, and tonight I did do the 30 minute walk, but it took over an hour and a half! I was 12 minutes into it when Daniel called, and we really hadn't had a proper conversation in two days, so it was 30 or 40 minutes before I got back to walking. Then 3 minutes later Cecilia woke up and started fussing, and it was another 20 or 25 minutes before she was settled again. Sheesh. So I didn't finish working out until after midnight, and the dishes still aren't done (that's two days in a row, though last night I ran the dishwasher and stuffed it full of anything even vaguely dishwasher-safe, so it's not too dire).

I have barely sat down all week, especially in the last few days. And if I am sitting, it's because I'm folding laundry or nursing a baby or working on Christmas cards. I can't even begin to account for my food intake since Tuesday, but it has involved far too many sweets and far too few fruits and vegetables.

We went to a party on Wednesday evening and had turducken (a turkey stuffed with a chicken stuffed with a duck stuffed with stuffing) plus potluck everything, and even though I only took a couple of bites of most of what I tried -- which wasn't half of what was offered -- I still wound up quite full. And I didn't refuse dessert; I had a tiny slice of chocolate cheesecake and another tiny slice of something involving oreos and whipped cream in a pie shape. And I had a beer while I was there, but only one.

Last night I went to another party, and I didn't eat well, but I forgot to stuff myself! I had a cookie and a small handful of M&Ms, and two mini Reese's, and maybe a bite or two of pretzel, but that was it, I think. I did have a glass of egg nog (it was a nog party, so that seemed polite, even though I don't much like alcoholic egg nog) and a glass of the nonalcoholic punch (ginger ale and orange something, juice or sherbet, whatever it was, it was good), and both glasses were small. I meant to try the mulled wine but never got around to it!

Today I had my usual breakfast, lunch of a grilled cheese sandwich (because I discovered I had a whole package of muenster cheese, and it was just begging to become grilled cheese!), and dinner of sauerbraten meatballs with noodles, and I had some green pepper slices to go with it, and a glass of milk. We had popcorn in the afternoon and I didn't overeat -- I really had just a few handfuls. I had about four marshmallows over the course of the day -- that's a habit I successfully broke when we started our blog diet, but hot chocolate season has brought it back. I also ate a Heath bar that has been waiting patiently in the bottom of my purse for several days, until I was actually hungry for it. Very strange situation.

I'll try to be better about posting (not to mention exercising and eating well) this week, but it's going to be tough! We all have so much to do, so I know I'm not alone in this problem. I have to agree with Sarah, that I'd really be happy just to maintain my current weight through the holidays.

No comments: