Monday, December 12, 2005

I'm doomed

Claire woke up at 4 a.m. throwing up. It moved on to diarrhea by 7 a.m. She didn't make it to the bathroom either of those times (although once she was awake, she was able to make it in time). The worst of any stomach virus is knowing that you're next and there's no reliable way to avoid your fate. I've been washing my hands until they are raw, but I was snuggling her last night when she may already have been contagious, and of course cleaning up after her last night and this morning (that'll put you off your breakfast, btw--I didn't eat this morning. I'm hungry now but scared to eat because I don't want to get sick).

How does this relate to weight loss? Well, there's nothing like a good bout of stomach flu to help you lose weight quickly! That's me, always the optimist.

I ate badly again yesterday--I had a hot dog for lunch and macaroni and cheese for dinner. I did have some green beans with dinner and an apple with lunch, and I guess my portions were smaller than pre-diet days (when I would have had a hot dog AND mac and cheese for just one meal). I blame it on the tree farm--I saw a kid there eating a hot dog and it looked so good that I started craving one. Winter food is so tempting for me--when the weather is cold, I don't want to eat salads and cottage cheese and yogurt. I want to eat stew and sausage and hot fried stuff. Brian also got me hot chocolate at the tree farm, and I was still into the leftover candy from Claire's party. And I didn't exercise yesterday--thank goodness!

No comments: